The former Free Presbyterian church dates from 1899. Located on the North Coast 500 scenic route, it is to be converted into a hostel providing accommodation for twenty guests and flexible space for community events. A new shed is to provide extensive storage for bicycles and motorbikes.
The conversion includes a complete upgrade of services and the thermal envelope to meet building regulations. A new atmosphere in the body of the kirk is to be created by a combination of robust timber linings, reused materials and exposed original structure.